Saturday, February 26, 2011

How To Suck Your Own Penos

celeriac cream and white turnip

I have a good friend who lives in Morella (Castellón). There, apart from other businesses, is dedicated to cultivating a small garden. Some time ago it has become a vegetarian and, of course, then to jump to make their own vegetables (and taking chances) was one. In his garden, and because we had to remove harvest products was I met with a celeriac (who had not seen in my life, but since then I see it for quite a few grocery stores in Valencia), rather than using the leaves as be done in the celery, celeriac what is consumed is the bulb, the root. A large bulb, meaty flavor of celery recognizable but slightly different flavor.
also gave me two white turnips and a radish something grown up. With them I decided to make a cream.
Ingredients:

half celeriac
2 white turnips
1 radish (expendable)

The development, like that of all the creams, it is extremely easy.
Peel and cut into pieces all turnips and celeriac. Bring a pot of salted water to the fire, add the pieces of garlic and cook for about 40-50 minutes.
Put the pieces of garlic (do not throw boiling water) and crushed with a mixer. Corrected proof and salt. Add boiling broth to get the texture you want. You can add a small piece of butter to have more shine.
can be hot warm or cold. Cream flavor is fresh, surprising. Very delicate. I especially liked. I thought about putting some spice but I decided not to add anything because it is very aromatic and its taste was more than enough.

Cost: guess that cheap (I've never bought a celeriac)
Time: one hour
Difficulty:?

Bon profit!

0 comments:

Post a Comment